Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Latest haul from Wax Trax

Here is what I came home with tonight, in no particular order.

45rpm
  • Mary Wells. "The Doctor" b/w "Two Lovers History" (Jubilee, 1968, JB5621)
    • "The Doctor" is Jubilee's first charted single, I think. Cecil Womack penned the hit that charted both on the pop and R&B charts.
  • Preston Epps. "Bongo Bongo Bongo" b/w "Hully Gully Bongo" (Original Sound Record Co, 1960, OS-09)
    • Add to my bongo music collection. Preston's sides play well within a Sandy Nelson teen-beat set.
  • Paul & Linda McCartney. "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" b/w "Too Many People" (Apple, 1971, 1837)
    • I have been looking for this Apple 45 with a full apple on both the A and B sides. This is not it; nevertheless, not a single you'll see too often.
  • Al Green:
    • "Here I am (Come and Take Me)" b/w "I'm Glad You're Mine" (Hi Records, 1972)
    • "Sha-La-La Make Me Happy" b/w "School Days" (Hi Records, 1973)
    • "Strong as Death (Sweet as Love)" b/w "Oh Me, Oh My (Dreams in My Arms)" (Hi Records, 1975)
      • Al Green and Willie Mitchell turned out so many great songs.
  • The Troggs. "Love is all Around" b/w "When Will the Rain Come" (Fontana, 1968, F-1607)
  • Doug Sahm. "Crazy Daisy" (1958) b/w "Slow Down" (1960) (Norton Records, 2000, 45-089)
  • The Boss Instrumentals EP (Romulan Records, UFOX22):
    • "Move Over" Casuals Incorporated
    • "Deceased (Undertakers Theme)" Dr. T & The Undertakers
    • "Fireball" Mercy
    • "U.F.O" Edgin' Inds
      • I had all the "Girls in the Garage" series from Romulan and each disappeared over the years. Sad. I generally enjoy what this "label" has to offer.
  • Wild Billy Childish & The Musicians of the British Empire. "Snack Crack" b/w "Elvis Presley is Dead" (Damaged Goods, DAMGOOD284, ltd ed, clear vinyl)
  • The Bushmen. "Down Home Girl" b/w "Empty Heart" (Sundazed, 1998, S138, blue vinyl)


LPs
  • Ramones. Subterranean Jungle (Sire, 1983, 1-23800)
    • vinyl Excellent; jacket VG+; w/ original lyrics insert/sleeve
    • I am very happy about this find. Now that Ramones albums are being re-released on 180gram, I have noticed that original releases are appearing in shops--many in excellent shape. This always happens when a band's work is re-issued, re-released, or including in a popular soundtrack. I'll take the originals over the re-issues anyday.
  • The Everly Brothers:
    • The Everly Brothers (Cadence, 1958, CLP3003)
      • Very Rare in this great condition
    • Beat 'n Soul (Warner Bros, 1965, mono, W1605)
    • Two Yanks in England (Warner Bros, 1966, sterea, W1646)
  • Patsy Cline. Sentimentally Yours (Decca, 1962, DL4282)
  • Edith Piaf. The Unknown Edith Piaf (Philips, 1965, mono, PCC 217, gatefold w/ booklet)
  • Cheap Trick. S/T (Epic, 1977, PE3440)
  • Dave Clark Five. I Like it Like That (Epic, 1965, LN24178)
    • Like many DC5 albums I find in Denver, the jacket is shit and the vinyl is excellent. I had to have it, though; I have been itching to listen to "I Need Love".
  • Lulu. Lulu Sings "To Sir With Love" (Epic, 1967, Stereo, BN26339)
  • Talking Heads. Talking Heads: 77 (Sire, 1977, SR6036)
  • The General Foodz. Sick of the World (Rave Up Records, Vol. 16 American Lost Punk Rock Nuggets)
  • The Beau Brummels. Don't Talk to Strangers (Get Back, 2000, Get581)
    • I love Abraxas re-issues. Always good buys.
  • The Searchers. Meet the Searchers (Get Back, 2003, Get625)
  • Buddy Holly & The Crickets. The Chirping Crickets. (MCA, 1975?, 8035)
    • UK import from the MCA Coral "Rainbow Series"; I think these were pressed in 1975.
  • The Ponys. Turn the Lights Out (Matador, 2007)
  • The Outsiders. The Best of... (Rhino, 1986, RNLP70132)
  • The Tranzmitors. S/T (Deranged Records, 2007)
  • Mary Weiss. Dangerous Game (Norton Records, 2007)

Compilations

No comments: